We at Alliance have help our clients with their IT security for several years and came across Acunetix in 2007. We immediately saw value in the product. We had been using open source tools (like BURP, which are still helpful) but Acunetix has some big advantages. Acunetix is much more efficient and offers a full range of features. It is also highly configurable so you can perform scans that require authentication and do it in a safe and thorough way. It also tests for the latest vulnerabilities, which is crucial. Many open source tools are unreliable and take more time. Another major advantage of Acunetix is price. It is substantially less expensive that other tools, yet Acunetix continues to innovate and remains a leader in the Web Application Security space.
Here’s some important features we like about the Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner –
- AcuSensor Technology
- Industry’s most advanced and in-depth SQL injection and Cross site scripting testing
- Advanced penetration testing tools, such as the HTTP Editor and the HTTP Fuzzer
- Visual macro recorder makes testing web forms and password protected areas easy
- Support for pages with CAPTCHA, single sign-on and Two Factor authentication mechanisms
- Extensive reporting facilities including PCI compliance reports
- Multi-threaded and lightning fast scanner – processes thousands of pages with ease
- Intelligent crawler detects web server type, application language and smartphone-optimized sites.
- Acunetix crawls and analyzes different types of websites including HTML5, SOAP and AJAX
- Port scans a web server and runs security checks against network services running on the server